About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Fiddly Little Fingers and Tricky Toes


This comb bound book contains excellent tips and useful step by step information to enable you to make those fiddly little cloth figure hands with wired fingers easily and effectively, as well as toed feet. Lots of background information on preparation; suitable fabrics, tools and illustrated  do's and don'ts of how to make cloth doll hands,  fingers and toes.

There's also a complete pattern for the cloth figure Pampered Polly (See below)
PLus fabric swatches of suitable/ unsuitable fabrics to use.






~ Artist’s Vision for Soft Sculpture Figure ~
     She’s my version of a boudoir doll. I imagined the blissful expression on Polly’s face as she enjoys a pampering session of nail treatments and facial. Her slightly sun-bronzed complexion also denotes a visit to the solarium. Whilst her attire consists of toweling robe and head towel; to further the theme of luxurious indulgence, as well as for modesty, 

she has sexy, black, lacy underwear.                     

 © Cloth Doll Creations by S Maddocks 2007








CUSTOMER COMMENTS: 'Fiddly Little Fingers and Tricky Toes'  by Madeleine Sara Maddocks
"I feel your book is extremely informative and the diagrams and photographs leave nothing to the imagination as the instructions are very, very clear. The little samples of  fabric suitable for such dolls is a really good idea, also the hints on stuffing are very helpful and the pattern to go with the book was just the icing on the cake!  You may have guessed I am really pleased with the book and would recommend it to any person beginning cloth doll making". E.M, Milton Damerel, Devon
"I bought a copy for my friend and  started reading it last night and couldn't put it down; so I just had to make a special detour on my way home to buy myself a copy as well!" S.D, Totnes, Devon

"The Fiddly Fingers book is great - so pleased with it - it's made a difference! "
P.P. Taunton, Somerset

"I LOVE the book!"  Mary Ann, http://www.dollmakersjourney.com/books.html
Available also as CD-Rom at Doll Makers Journey for $20.00




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment, it brightens my day.