About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Friday, 12 October 2012

Modular Dolls ~ Cloth Figures


Modular Dolls are constructed with standardised units or dimensions allowing flexibility and variety of useIn this way it is possible to mix and match elements from different compatible patterns.
Using the simple pancake body and leg designs from one pattern, for example, with the more sophisticated fingered hands of another and the complex profile/gusseted head from  another you can achieve the desired look you wish.
Such versatile patterns can be found in Patti Medaris Culea's excellent books.
This is my version of Vivianna, called Vivienne. She's sun bathing!
I was so lucky to get the last remaining place on Patti's 2007 Devon 2 day workshop, To see her beautiful creations 'in the cloth' is always fantastically awesome!   Thank you Patti.

 I wanted to learn how to do beading, (not being mathematically minded it doesn't come as easily to me as it does to others. On the beading day I did feel a bit of a dunce, at first)