About Me

My photo

I've been designing and making textile figures for many years. I have also recently taken up knitting and crochet again after a lengthy break  and I'm LOVING IT!  Textile Creations UK (http://textilecreationsuk.blogspot.com ) is my new website/ Blog, which includes all my knitted, crocheted, sewn, woven textile creations.
  

Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Ornamental Cloth Figures

As the name suggests, these are not toys, but designed as Soft Sculpture Cloth Art Figures or Decorative Textile Figures, rather than dolls. They are created purely for aesthetic expression, communication and contemplation and not as play things.


They encompass a wonderfully diverse range of textile art techniques including portraiture; caricature; characterisation; fabric manipulation; quilting/needle sculpture; beading; embroidery; painting; dyeing and printing; knitting; weaving; crochet; fashion/costume design and all sorts of other textile embellishment.

They are made to adorn a mantle-piece or a shelf, or be admired through the glass of a cabinet.



2 comments:

  1. So lovely to see your beautiful dolls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shashi.

      Major family crises at moment, so not online much at moment. x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment, it brightens my day.